Thursday 11 November 2010

Day 28 Favourite places to shop

Feeling uber tired and lazy today so I'm giving you just one...


My favourite place to shop is LUSH. I love being pampered and the staff are so lovely in each of the branches that you always end up spending more than you intended! They offer free samples of things you want to try (some quite sizeable ones) and hold fun parties and goodie bag giveaways now and again. All of their strategies make shopping fun. There's nothing I get from Lush and think "urgh I wish I hadn't picked that up" (except for the black menthol bath ballistic that was supposed to look like coal last Christmas... ew)


Some of my favourite things from Lush:


Big Shampoo turns the volume up of my very fine and lifeless locks. The big granules of salt take a little bit of getting used to but when you smell it and see how shiny it makes your hair you can't help but fall in love! (Not good for frizzy types).




This is a current fave but it is a limited edition for Halloween (Day of the Dead) Celebrations. Calacas (skulls) are so yummy and make you smell of lime jelly babies (As pointed out by my OH). Really helps me to get out of bed in the morning (can assume this is down to the uplifting neroli and lime scent) and lasts absolutely ages. I have a backup yellow pot too so I can enjoy this one a bit longer!




This picture shows off Bob soap apparently but my chunk looks nothing like this. Mine is much more sludgy purple and green with lots of glitter. Its a Christmas Retro product atm and I have bought it for the last 2 years because it smells of cinnamon and terry's chocolate oranges. Mmmmm. Christmas in a soap!


Facial cleansers aren't the most exciting products in the world usually but after trying Buche de Noel (Xmas special again) I got a FREE sample of this (Angels on Bare Skin) and have been using it for 5 days and only halfway through. I started becoming allergic to my Simple skincare products for some reason and switching to Lush skincare has really helped me to avoid having itchy eyes. Not sure what changed in the formulation or what I'm allergic to but it's nice to have a nice, fresh alternative!


Hope you have enjoyed :)

3 comments:

  1. i love day of the dead jelly.... just got a day of the dead perfume! love it =) i need to try big... i have angels on bare skin but not tried it yet, will deffo be trying BIG when the sale is on =) x

    lush is also my fave shop too... dont think anything will ever compare =) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing isn't it?

    I am very jealous of you having the DOTD perfume. Wish I'd had the funds :( And big is awesome. I can't wait for boxing day goodie bags whoop! A chance to spend all your xmas money in one shopping trip lol x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using Skindrink, I think it's called, for the horrible dry skin I get in the winter and it is... LUSH! No other way to describe it X

    ReplyDelete