Tuesday 2 November 2010

Day 20 A letter to someone that changed your life

Dear Someone,

You have changed my life in so many ways. Some good and some terrible. Let's start with the latter category just to be sure of chronological order.

You broke my parents marriage up (more than once). My mum will never recover from what you did. She'll pretend that everything is fine and that she's moved on but pain like that runs deep. Really, how could you? My sister was tiny and I had been in hospital and you were the last thing my family needed. But there you were.

So then we moved (continents) and life went on and so did the affair. We're not stupid...

Mum saw sense finally and removed you from our lives. Or at least we thought. We saw Dad once a fortnight throughout our teenage years because of you. I resented you for it. Mum got a degree for herself and supported us completely but then she resented us for needing her like that.

Then Dad took us out for a meal one night. Chiquito's. Nothing says I'm going to completely change your life like mexican food. He told us he was seeing you again. Mum went spare.

We met you and exchanged nicities. Bex had only just found out what had gone on previously but we tried to get along.

Now onto the good:
You married my Dad.
We get on pretty well now and you worry about him like I want you to.
You gave me my half sister. She is a bit of a brat but we love her.
You think about us and care about us. You go out of your way to look after us.
My Dad is happy.

Just a shame we had to get here from all the other crap. It's not how you do things.

Love from Me x

No comments:

Post a Comment